Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Be glad you had the moment

Many of my family members celebrate a birthday in July and I think of each of them fondly on their special day. I also think of those that are no longer with us especially my Aunt Anne. It will be two years this September that she has passed away and I still can't believe that she is gone. Hard to imagine that someone so full of life is no longer living. My sisters and I would tell "Aunt Anne" stories and laugh for hours at her antics. Tell me who brushes their teeth with BenGay? You guessed it, Aunt Anne. I laughed so much at this story my sides hurt.
She was a character to say the least and there was never a dull moment when she was around. Her family was her greatest joy and although she never had any children of her own she adored her nieces, nephews, great nieces, and nephews and I am happy to say my Jamie her great-great niece. She lived for them and loved every swim meet, basketball game, baseball game, and cheer leading practice she attended and was the #1 fan. The little ones really loved her. I think it was because she was such a kid at heart that they could really relate to her.
While browsing through a magazine one day I came across this quote "be glad you had the moment" I am not sure who the author is so I will assume it is anonymous. There are many moments in my life that I am grateful for and happy that I have had the joy and privilege to experience. Aunt Anne for all the good times, the bad times, the crazy times we had together and the glasses of red wine at Ceasar's Palace I am so glad we had the moment!



Some pictures from the family picnic August 2006 and 2007



No comments:

Post a Comment